Capable of rapid charging speeds and requiring minimal maintenance, lithium-ion batteries can take your operation to new heights.
Battery capacity depends on the real needs and size limitation.
Modern lithium-ion batteries come with a number of advantages, especially in terms of charge times, weight, service life, and maintenance costs. Particular areas of concern are safety as well as integration into the vehicle architecture. There are many conceivable variants of lithium-ion batteries with different voltage levels and cell chemistry.
– In material handling, with lithium-ion batteries, you won’t have to worry about getting the job done. Lithium-ion batteries require less time to charge than their lead-acid counterparts, which also have to rest before they can be used again. Since lithium-ion batteries maintain a higher, more stable voltage over the course of a shift, you will also experience higher performance which can translate to increased throughput.
Opportunity Charge Without Damage – Lithium-ion batteries can be topped up during 15-30 minute breaks throughout the day (known as opportunity charging). While it’s possible to opportunity charge a lead-acid battery, it shortens battery life.
Lithium-ion batteries can fully charge in as little as one hour. That’s eight times faster than a lead-acid battery, and li-ion batteries don’t require cool downtime. In fact, it’s not uncommon for one lithium-ion battery to power three shifts. They store three times more energy and are 30 percent more energy efficient.
Reduced Risk – Because the battery cells are sealed shut, lithium-ion batteries don’t require maintenance and don’t require constant watering, equalize charging, or cleaning. This means there’s no risk of acid spills. Frequently having to maintain your lead acid battery can be time-consuming and costly.
Reduced Maintenance Labor
– Lithium-ion batteries come equipped with cells that are sealed so you don’t have to wash or add water to keep the batteries operational, which reduces maintenance costs. Depending on your operation, it is possible that you don’t have to remove or swap batteries as you proceed through your workday because the battery can remain inside the tractor longer, eliminating the cost of additional storage and labor which is required for lead-acid batteries.
Buy Fewer Batteries – Lithium-ion batteries last four times longer than standard tractor batteries.
1. They Don’t Require Watering
Because of the way lithium-ion batteries are designed, they do not require watering. Lithium-ion batteries are sealed shut, which require little maintenance to upkeep.
2. There Is a Minimal Risk Of Overheating
One of the best features of a lithium-ion battery is its battery management system (BMS). The BMS tracks cell temperatures to ensure they remain in safe operating ranges so there is no risk to employees.
3. No Separate Charging Station Is Required
Because lithium-ion batteries do not emit potentially harmful gases when charging, crews can plug lithium-ion batteries directly into a charger while the batteries remain inside the tractors.
4. Injury Risks Are Minimized
Lithium-ion batteries can remain in the vehicle while connected to a charger. They also can be opportunity charged, and typically have longer run times at 7 to 8 hours before requiring a charge.
5. Ergonomic Risks Are Minimized
In general, lithium-ion batteries typically weigh less than a standard lead-acid battery. The lower the weight of the battery, the lower the ergonomic risks among workers. No matter the weight, correct lifting and handling are essential to maximizing safety. This includes positioning your body as close as possible to the battery before moving it and bending your knees slightly before lifting or lowering a battery.
Below are some of the mose popular models:
Other model customizeable, battery also can be put in parallel for high capacity
High Cycle Life：>2000 times and 80% DOD for effectively lower cost of ownership, because they live longer (3x – 5x longer)than traditional golf cart batteries.
Built-in BMS Protection：Battery Management System are incorporated to protect battery from over charging, over discharging, short circuit.
Light Weight: Dry power lithium batteries has higher energy density. Lithium-ion batteries (72 lbs) weigh 1/4 the weight up Lead Acid batteries (325 lbs).
Wide Operating Temperature Range: Suitable for users in a wider range of application where ambient temperature is unusually high: up to +60°C
Fast Charging Speed: Recharge speeds of lithium-ion batteries are significantly faster than lead acid (80% charge can be achieved in as little as 1-hour, full charge in 2-3 hours, vs. 8-10hrs for traditional Lead-Acid batteries)
Require No maintenance: no adding water, cleaning corrosion, or checking acid levels.
Do not lose power as voltage dips (lead acid batteries get ‘tired’ as they are used)